Thursday, September 27, 2007

WTF--Where's my Gmail?

The ISP we use--AirTel--seems to randomly block sites. They are allowed again after a while. Right now, I can't check gmail. Earlier, I couldn't reach Cute Overload. Liz and I had trouble one morning reaching the websites of software development firms, which is rough since finding them is part of our jobs.

Dear Aliya: Bring Me WD-40
On the bright side, my cough is clearing up, and I have been able to exercise the past two days. The workout room has several pieces of equipment, all of which make a LOT of squeaks and creaks when used. Also, I'm afraid my powerful physique--in that I weight more than 90 pounds--may destroy some of the machines (Liz actually pushed a treadmill instrument panel through its frame by pressing START). Last night I didn't think to bring an iPod (I have no problem working out without music). BIG MISTAKE. I tried five pieces of equipment before finding an exercycle that didn't make me cringe. Also, none of the 22 recognized languages of India have a word for "ergonomics."

Tonight's Lesson: The treadmill power sources shut off after 20 minutes and have to rest for 10.

I don't like using exercise equipment much anyway, and after 10 years of training, I know enough exhausting drills to keep myself out of breath. Plus, I am certain all my pants will keep fitting me because the laundry service doesn't use dryers and they scrub and wring the hell out of clothing.