Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Feeling good, Lewis!"

By the time you read this message, I will have reached the internet. I was very close to the internet; I even accessed it briefly. ut then--wham! chatty Indian business man who wanted to know everything about me, where I was staying my contact info, "Oh--I am bothering you. Do you have a card. Here is my card. You have address in Bangalore? Internet address? Where are you staying..."
Now, I *know* I need to work on my friendliness, but he was driving me nuts. So, I set out to find lunch (using it as en excuse). I'm now in the MG Road area (think Times Square-is vibe) at a restaurant that opened th menu to European dishes. Sigh. It's also going to be a pricey lunch, I think. However, ay I was struggling to find a restaurant that looked good, so I swore I would eat at the next place I saw. The next place was actually McDonald's, so I skipped that one, though I am curious to see the Indian iteration. I am now at Flame or Paradise or other connotated English word. It's dark, cool, and has Kenya v. Sri Lanka on ESPN. Sri Lanka appears to be kicking Kenya's ass, near as I can tell.

This morning I got a lot of work done, and then I headed out to reunite with teh 'nets, get business supplies, and acquire maps of Bangalore. I stopped and bought a bunch of cooking gear, so I'll be able to entertain and feed myself for a few evenings. Mainly, I WANT INTERNET. When I have it back, I shall pet it, and love it and call it George because I have an outbox stacked with email, and I need to use and update mifos.org.