Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Here's what a Center Meeting looks like


Liz snapped this photo when we were in Assam last month. I seeing what happens in the field, but it's really disruptive to have foreigners at the meetings. We are kind of weird, and the rumors start that we are giving the MFI more money, so sometimes the women expect more or larger loans.


When I go to branch offices to observe business processes, I try to make it clear to the staff that they shouldn't be nervous, as I work for them and am not like a regular foundation employee (who might be checking them out to give additional investment). Here's a shot of teh outside of an IIRM branch with IIRM staff and some of my GTC peeps. It's kind of a pity I didn't get the goat in the shot, just for effect:



And finally, a picture from near an urban center in Bangalore. It's probably the best picture I have taken (which isn't saying much, as my camera is crap and my photography is almost as bad). Kids love foreigners and having their pictures taken:



Every time I walk to GK when the school kids are out, they start laughing and say "HELLO!" and maybe run up to shake my hand and then laugh like it's the funniest thing ever and run back to their friends. I get a huge kick out of it every time.