Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bert Hath Cursed Me! **

My roommate has birds in her ceiling [NOT A EUPHEMISM].

After trying to get maintenance a few times--including our landlady trying, though she never used the word "khachara" only "pigeon-eh." I think adding an extra vowel sound is how you Kannadize an English word--I have the right person here.

I know he is the right person because he CAUGHT TWO PIGEONS WITH HIS BARE HANDS and shoved them out the bathroom window. This method seems far more effective than my planned technique of poking at them with a broom until they magically vanished.

The problem may *appear* to be solved. However:

1) We know the pigeons didn't get in through the window because she doesn't open it and we know they go in and out,

2) I can hear baby birds cheep-cheeping every morning, and I did not see him take out a nest.

The maintenance man assured me "no children" and that the birds got in through the window. This fact concerns me even more, since it implies that I hallucinate baby bird noises and pigeons are able to open windows.

I'm pretty certain this post will end up being a series.

[contnued in "I have chickens in my ceiling."]




**This incident and the squirrel in my attic in Seattle were all brought upon myself for making fun of Bert's raccoon invasion two years ago. Bert, I promise to buy you and Kim a really nice wedding gift if you have the curse lifted.