Monday, October 22, 2007

I Am Officially Stupid

I seem to have lost my wallet. It likely fell out of my pocket. I went through the step-retracing, the department store has my phone number, etc. I even got a soundtrack--"Stupid Girl" started playing in the store. Kindly refrain from the obvious posts about me and wallets.

However, for $30, my credit union is sending me a new debit card. I'd like to take back anything bad I have ever said about my credit union, as they have come through like champs on the international front, whereas Wells Fargo was so incompetent I closed my business account, and Chase Visa just seems confused.

I still have my passport. I can also get $40 in traveler's checks back. I had to cancel three cards, and I'll probably have to re-do my bill pay on a few accounts. I lost about 2000 Rs in cash, but I have my home stash to tide me through the weekend (losing all the small bills is rough, though). The real loss would have been my DL picture where I am wearing a tiara, but they digitize pictures now, so I'll still have it when I get home.