Sunday, November 18, 2007

More press, this time for Clover

My brushes with fame continue, as one of my favorite gadgets (and an Atlas client), the Clover coffee machine, gets press in The Economist.

On the topic of coffee...

India has two big chains, Barista and Coffee Day. They are both Starbucks quality (over-roasted beans, really sweet drinks), but they do a better job of serving things at the right temperature, albeit MUCH more slowly than at home.

The food they serve, however, is far superior to food at a chain coffee place in the US because 1) Again--the temperature is always right, and 2) if you get a sandwich, it comes with delicious Indian ketchup (similar to American ketchup but made with real sugar, a touch of chili, and possibly crack). In my northwest coffee snob way, I roll my eyes at foreigners who miss Starbucks.

Michael, please have my Stumptown ready upon my return.