Monday, November 12, 2007

More Diwali and Birthday in Bangalore

I took Saturday off and had a mellow day. Tarang, who is from Bangalore but now lives in Seattle--took me out for lunch and coffee as well as delivered my precious cranberries and Pepperidge Farm stuffing. Let's all give a little love to Tarang, Rodger, and Dad for being a good logistics team. I have a full supply of Emergen-C, my hiking boots, much needed files, and another credit card. Also important, I got small kitten stickers to be surreptitiously placed on friends' phones.

After a Biriyani lunch, I wandered around and finally found a shop selling shower curtain rods, so now Max can be spared damp TP. It was a big triumph--I've been asking every time I pass a home or plumbing store without luck (and hopefully they will have another one for Jimmy when I go back).

Unfortunately, I failed to find new a shirt. Even though now I am small enough to wear 10% of the shirts available, a lot of the colors look TERRIBLE on me (though they are great on local complexions, so I can't really fault the stores).


Mmmmm
Several of us went to 3 Storys (yes, spelled that way) and had really good coastal Indian food. I'm a huge fan of Indian coconut curries. Liz got me presents, someone bought me dinner, and now that I think about it, I haven't bought my own alcohol in forever. We chilled at a a nice roof car until last call, and then we went to a party at a friend's place. All in all, a good day.