Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nepal is FANTASTIC

You must all visit this country. Just go start researching now.

I spent 3 days walking and riding elephants in Royal Chitwan national Park. I did not see any tigers, but I saw rhino, a bear, two types of deer, monkeys, a garial, and crocodiles. Birds are everywhere in Chitwan, and I will never get tired of standing in the forest and listening to them. I stayed an extra day and rode out with the elephant drivers to see them harvest tree tops for the elephants to eat (roughly two trees of twigs, per elephant per day, cut by hand with a machete, amounting to about two hours of hard labor on top of all the other work the guys do). I have pictures you can see when I return. I also played volleyball with the riders, elephants watching in teh background.

Today I am in Kathmandu finding a guide (hopefully female) and will probably go towards the mountains after tomorrow.