Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Travelin'

I'm off to China tomorrow night, followed by a couple days in Singapore. China should be fun, cold, and smoggy. Singapore will be clean and full of good food. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to buy a new camera and a new MP3 player on the trip, since my Shuffle appers to be dying and my camera sucks.

After I get back, I'll return to Assam for a bit to check in on the deployment in person. I hope to squeeze in a trip to Cambodia for a weekend to see Angkor Wat in January, and I will go to Hampi (though maybe not by train) before I leave for the US.

My tentative plans for February are to finish work on the 20th and fly to Kathmandu, Nepal via Delhi a few days later. I'll spend a few days getting acclimated to the altitude and then fly to Pokhara to start my trek on the Annapurna Circuit. I'll be out on the trail for a few weeks and then back to Bangalore for a few days before flying home on March 24th. I might throw in a side trip to Bhutan. Really, though, I am likely to change my mind and switch to Laos or Japan or somewhere else--we'll just have to see.