Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One Month Left

Time flies when you're arguing with auto drivers. I finish my contract with GTC on February 20th, and my trip to Nepal will be Feb 21-March 22. I fly to the states 2 days later. If you want me to bring you something from India, you should let me know now.

General Update

My life is pretty ho-hum. With the exception of this weekend, I'm still working quite a bit. I've acquired a cold, but whatever was in my GI tract seems to have been permanently evicted. China/Singapore put some weight back on me, so you can no longer count my ribs on sight. I've undertaken some loose planning for Nepal, but essentially I'm booking a plane ticket and will figure out guides, etc when I get there. Mainly, I sit at the laptop, have conference calls, and spend any free time socializing with more local people by tagging along with a friend. I've taken to staying in the city more (availing myself of guest rooms and couches) and subsequently quelling the gossip, as spending extra time with/overnighting at any male friend(s) raises a lot of eyebrows in the wee social circles of Bangalore (both local and foreign). I've nothing spicy to report, other than some unwelcome invitations from someone I exchanged no more than 10 words with, none of which was social in nature. The pigeons left us one of their own--Liz arrived home the other day to find a dead bird on her patio.

I'll spend the last month wrapping up tasks and transitioning my work to AW, who will manage things from Seattle until my full-time replacement is hired.