Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yep, still here

No, I haven't left yet, though I had a lovely bon voyage featuring fantastic tasty treats. I have completed most of my errands, some of my organization, and half my packing. I've been working at the job for two weeks, mainly learning, installing, and updating documents as I go.

Minor crises have included the wire behind my two front teeth popping off, a dead bat, the remote possibility of rabies exposure here in Seattle from a different bat (W's new nickname is now "Batman"), and a rather solid hit from another woman on the soccer field which sent me flat and left me with a sore neck for a couple days. Lack of sleep helped none of these problems.

Nonetheless, I seem to be fine now on all counts. I have excellent advisers in epidemiology (Jonesie), veterinary medicine (Fedjelicious), and physical therapy (an adviser who also scored a goal!). Bonus: a very nice orthodontist squeezed me in today and fixed the retainer. Plus, I finally took a FANTASTIC nap today.